Marchant Nigeria’s focus today is providing a complete suite of Internet marketing and Web development services to organizations of all sizes. While we continue to manage complex SEO, PPC, display advertising and email marketing campaigns for large clients with expertise second to none, we have recently developed highly innovative internal platforms and processes to deliver high-quality, customized, responsive websites and Internet marketing campaigns to small businesses as well.
If you are searching for a Career with Impact come see how we serve!
Marchant Nigeria is currently seeking a Media (Audio, Text, Graphics, video, social) and Visual Design Intern to support our in-house design team. An ideal candidate is both creative and analytical. You can present visually inspiring work that captures big-picture vision, without losing sight of the details or abandoning the message. You feel morally obligated to make complex visual information accessible, and would feel personally insulted if someone asked you to “make it pretty.” You have a multidisciplinary skill set, and enjoy being a “jack-of-all-trades” rather than a firmly-rooted specialist. If the opportunity to contribute to the processes, culture, and outputs of a growing design team is a welcome challenge, this position is for you.
This is a full or part-time opportunity. This is a paid internship and the minimum time commitment is 24 hours per week.
Position Summary for Media Intern:
The Media intern role is a vital part of the Marchant Nigeria’s Content Marketing & Social Media Team, responsible for creating Marchant Nigeria’s social media content around products and inspiring consumers to become Representatives. You will create, produce content and events, create and manage paid social media ad campaigns and engage in social media conversations all designed to excite consumers and representatives across Marchant Nigeria services.
You will also inspire consumers to become a Marcahant representative and inspiring existing representatives to continue along their journey of personal success.
We’re looking for someone who’s obsessed with media and i.C.T . You also have experience in creating running paid social media campaigns and have a passion for creative A/B testing as well as an endless desire to experiment in targeting various audience targets.
You need to be able to write quickly and with intelligence and humor, has endless ideas both big and small and has serious internet savvy – someone who lives online and knows what consumers respond to on social media and what they don’t, respond to and what they don’t, and someone who cares about why.
Description of Job duties:
• Implement social media posts. Facts check, research, and verify post content and details as needed 24/7.
• Manage advertising accounts on social media platforms. Develop proposals for most effective advertising efforts.
• Stay current on latest trends, technologies, tools, sites, applications, and analytics related to communicating through the web and social media.
• Monitor and analyze social and interactive communications data to determine ROI in terms of traffic, reach, demand, and other quantitative and qualitative measures of effectiveness. Draw conclusions for future social media initiatives.
• Manage responses to comments as needed on social media platforms within set guidelines.
• Create content ideas need to ladder up to “the big idea” so that it integrates with the broader integrated marketing plan involving PR, influencers, email, paid social media and, sometimes, TV.
• Develop content strategies that cut major social media outlets (Facebook, Facebook Live, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest) and across video and still image formats.
• Design content for paid formats so you should be up-to-date on social media ad formats; design content for organic posts.
• Manage internal and external videographers / photographers / editors and internal graphical designers to plan and produce professional shot content. You need to develop briefs that will inspire your partners to do break-through work.
• Capture video and photos at live events or stage ad-hoc shoots in the office. You are willing to roll-up-your-sleeves, grab phone and record a Facebook Live when you see the opportunity.
• Experiment with new formats, techniques and creative strategies.
Paid Social Media
• Lead the strategy and execution of paid social media campaigns, including setting campaign objectives and ROI measurement.
• Develop the audience targeting strategy by campaign; you must have knowledge of Interests, Behaviors, Lookalike audiences, Retargeting, Demographics and how to experiment and constantly iterate to find the right audiences. Strong preference given to candidates that deployed ads on Facebook/Instagram themselves vs. managing agencies.
• Service your internal clients with regular planning and detailed reporting.
• Publish paid content across all channels including setting up the appropriate conversion trackers.
• Produce weekly and monthly reports analyzing performance of both Non-Paid and Paid post performance.
• Make recommendations on content types to pursue and kinds of content that is driving impressions, engagements and sales.
Social Community Engagement & Management
• Create posts that inspire users to comment and share.
• Reply directly to user comments on social media outlets or assign replies to appropriate internal stakeholders (e.g., the Customer Service Center, Product Experts, Public Relations or the Social Selling Sales Team).
Responsibilities for Virtual Intern:
• Support the creative visual design process for various internal projects, in close collaboration with our design team.
• Create clear and compelling print and digital materials to present complex qualitative and quantitative data and concepts.
• Support regular updates to Marchant Nigeria websites.
• Work closely with the design team to identify and design additional website components to improve the site and remain in line with Marchant Nigeria’s organizational priorities.
• Shape Marchant Nigeria’s brand and identity through the application of its visual identity system, working with the design team to identify opportunities to fine-tune, adapt, and implement brand consistency.
• Promote brand consistency in the business development process through working to design topic-specific proposals, and assemble marketing collateral as needed.
• Build and maintain Marcahnt Nigeria’s corporate image library, including design of library architecture, optimization of the system for image searches, and receiving and processing new batches of images.
• Aligns with conservative stance in support of Biblical values
• A self-starting, solutions-oriented attitude.
• A passion for visually communicating through any medium. Though you may not have the technical know-how to make a 10-minute animated infographic, you can spot a compelling one a mile away, and explain what makes it work. If you do have the technical know-how, even better!
• Possesses strong research and writing skills
• Has proven work experience in all aspects of social media/networking
• Handles multiple assignments and completes complex jobs under deadline pressure
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience
Age: below 23 years
• In-house experience in running social media campaigns on Facebook, Instagram and/or YouTube directly is strongly preferred (we are open to talking with candidates who managed agencies but only if they were hands-on and very familiar with the details of campaign execution).
• A history of exhibiting excellent written and verbal communication, project management and analytical skills.
• Previous experience with Web analytics, Adobe Analytics/Target, Google Analytics and/or Google DCM
• Noted experience with print and web-based design processes and outputs.
• Strong in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• Keen attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to transform complex data into compelling infographics, but awareness of the pitfalls of information visualization.
• Professional proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite — especially InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
• Ace verbal and written communication skills.
• A team-oriented positive approach and genuine interest in contributing to our multi-disciplinary team of delightful, hardworking people.
• A genuine passion for and understanding of Marchant Nigeria’s vision and approach.
• A portfolio of your work (applications submitted without a portfolio will not be considered)
• Experience with HTML, CSS, and WordPress is a big plus.
• An appreciation of complexity, comfort with ambiguity, a sense of humor, and a fan of cute office pups.
Marchant Nigeria is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Marchant Nigeria respects and values diversity. We are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination in the recruitment, retention, training, or development of employees on the basis of gender, gender identity or expression, race, national origin, political opinion, age, or disability. Diversity of perspective and experience benefits our firm and helps us deliver our best work; we encourage qualified individuals from all backgrounds to apply.
Drop your CV, portfolio, and a cover letter that describes why you believe you would be a good fit for Marchant Nigeria and this role to. MARCHANT NIGERIA Use the role and your location as email subject.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.